The Case Against Matt Moroz Mounts
Nebraska PGA officials found two more balls believed to belong to the DQ’d golfer
By Ryan French
Another day and another wild development in the DQ story from the Korn Ferry Tour Q school site in Ashland, Neb. (If you aren’t up to speed on Sunday’s story and podcasts, here’s the link.)
According to Nebraska PGA officials, Matt Moroz was on their radar after two players he was paired with in the second round brought up two situations. Section officials said the players told them Moroz hit balls that appeared to go well into the woods on the 13th and 16th holes. On both occasions Moroz walked well ahead of the group, and in both cases he found the ball before anyone else in the group arrived.
On 13 Moroz said he found his ball in the rough near where it entered. And on 16 he said he found it on a cart path that runs along the wooded area. On Tuesday, Vincent Bachteler, the tournament director for the section, and Brett Renner, the digital media director, visited the two holes. The pictures and video tell the rest of the story.
- This is a picture of 13 where the ball entered.
2. This is a picture of a ball found on the 13th hole that was on the same line that Moroz’s ball was believed to have gone.
3. This is a video of Renner explaining how and where a ball was found with the same markings as the one Moroz played. It includes a closeup of the ball.
4. This is a picture of where Bachteler found a ball on 16, the hole on which Moroz said his ball stopped on the cart path (both full shot and zoomed in).
5. This is a video of Renner explaining where the ball was found on the 16th.
6. This is a picture of all three balls found from the three holes in question, including from the 7th hole in the final round. The bags are marked with the hole on which they were found.
7. Nebraska PGA section members with the machete that helped find the balls in question.
When reached for a response, Moroz said, “No comment.”
Read the full original story – A Q School DQ for the Ages
Listen to Part 1 of the podcast